Senior Associate at Headrick. Admitted to professional practice in 2005. Dr. Silié concentrates her practice in matters of general business and regulatory law, as well as antitrust, trusts, mergers & acquisitions, real estate matters, tax matters, energy projects, international commerce, and administrative law.
Within the energy sector, her practice has varied from providing legal support in the obtainment of permits and authorizations and other licenses necessary for the development of electrical projects, preparation and negotiation of power purchase agreements (PPA’s), management and experience in instrumentation and purchase contracts of natural gas, among others.
Dr. Silié received her Bachelor of Laws from Universidad Iberoamericana (Summa Cum Laude) in 2005. She has a postgraduate degree in Business Law from Universidad Francisco de Vitoria, Madrid, Spain (2010) and is currently undergoing an Executive Master in Business Administration (EMBA) from Barna Management School. Dr. Silié speaks Spanish and English fluently.
Professional Activities and Publications
- Coauthor of the Electricity Regulation 2010 section published by Getting the Deal Through.
- Coauthor of the Real Estate 2009 and Real Estate 2010 sections published by Getting the Deal Through.
- Collaborated in the drafting of the Electricity Regulation 2008 and Electricity Regulation 2009, published by Getting the Deal Through.
- Collaborated in 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012 with the drafting of the “Energy, Insurance, Monetary and Financial Regime, and Systematic Risk” section of the Investor’s Guide of the American Chamber of Commerce of the Dominican Republic (AMCHAMDR).
- Formed part of the drafting team during 2008-2009 of the Law Project for the Development of the Mortgage Market in the Dominican Republic, introducing a legal framework for trusts and security agents in the Dominican Republic. This included participation with discussion teams for the approval of said legal text, conformed by entities and representatives of banking and securities sectors, at a public and private level (today promulgated as “Law No. 189.11”).
- Formed part in 2012 of the legal team responsible for the preparation of comments presented by the Industries’ Association of the Dominican Republic (AIRD) and the National Young Businessmen’s Association (ANJE) regarding the application regulation project of Law No. 42-08 on Antitrust Matters.
- Member of the Justice and Legislation Commission of the National Young Businessmen’s Association (ANJE).