Partner at Headrick Rizik Alvarez & Fernández Ms. Jiménez concentrates her practice in matters of commercial and business organizational laws generally, with an emphasis on mergers & acquisitions, banking and financial transactions and aviation law.
Ms. Jimenez’s practice has been recognized by several international publications. Chambers & Partners distinguishes her in its 2020 Corporate/Commercial guide, noting that clients refer to her as a “stellar” praising her “mature, professional and respectful” way of handling matters in the corporate market. The IFLR 1000 – Financial & Corporate 2021 guide cites client feedback on Ms. Jimenez in distinguishing her as “Highly Regarded” in the Dominican Republic.
In her practice, Ms. Jiménez regularly counsels foreign and domestic clients in mergers and acquisitions, the negotiation of all types of commercial agreements, financings, aviation law and fintech.
• Counsel to Vinci Airports SAS in the acquisition of Aeropuertos Dominicanos Siglo XXI, S.A. (Aerodom), operator of 6 airports in the Dominican Republic, including the airport in the capital city of Santo Domingo.
• Counsel to Centro Financiero BHD in its merger with Grupo Financiero León, one of the largest and most important transactions in the history of the Dominican financial sector. The transaction involved assets of over US$4 billion. Finalist for the “Latin America M&A Deal of the Year – Latin Lawyer”.
• Counsel to Grupo Diesco in a financing granted by Goldman Sachs Specialty Lending Group in the amount of US$120,000,000
• Represented Imperial Brands PLC in its reorganization and sale of its premium cigar business in the Dominican Republic.
• Counsel to Royal Gold, Inc., in a US$610 million minerals streaming transaction entered into with Barrick Gold, Inc., with reference to the Pueblo Viejo mine in the Dominican Republic.
• Counsel to Grupo BHD in the purchase of shares in Centro Financiero BHD held by Banco de Sabadell in a transaction with a value of over US$150 million.
Education. Professional Activities.
Eileen Jiménez received her Bachelor of Laws, Summa Cum Laude, from Universidad Iberoamericana in 2005. In 2007, she obtained a Masters Degree in Business Law from Universidad Francisco de Vitoria– Illustrious College Lawyers of Madrid. She participated in the program “Finance for Non-Financial Majors” organized by Barna Business School in 2009; and in the Seminar “Arbitration in Latin America: Current Topics on Commercial Arbitration” sponsored by the Council for Conciliation and Arbitration of the Chamber of Commerce and Production of Santo Domingo and the International Arbitration Court of the ICC. Ms. Jimenez is a member of the Board of Directors of the Dominican – German Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Tourism. She is fluent in Spanish, English and French; and has basic knowledge of Italian.